Plymouth has been named as the best area in England to invest in a property in 2022.
To highlight some of the most desirable places to live in the UK, Swann Security has investigated crime rates and property prices, as well as nationwide survey data about people’s relationships with their neighbours.
And Britain’s Ocean City came out on top of the list, beating out Belfast and Cardiff to claim the prize.
Read More – Plymouth home with its own radio studio is up for sale
As well as being the best overall city, Plymouth also topped the ranking for the city with the best relationship with their neighbours , as well as being one of the cities with the lowest crime rate.
The top three areas to invest in a property:
1. Plymouth – The average price for a 3-bed property is £185,000. Community spirit is quite high with 69.4% of residents of Plymouth claiming to get along with their neighbours. The area has a low crime rate (85.19/1,000).
2. Belfast – The price of a house in Belfast is £164,000. 69% of people confess to get along with their neighbours. The area has a crime rate of 91/1,000.
3. Cardiff – In third position we find Cardiff with an average house price of £225,000. 67.5% of its residents claim to get along with their neighbours. The crime rate is low (98.36/1,000).
The best areas to move to for community spirit
The cities with the best relationship with their neighbours
% who say they have a good relationship with their neighbours
Crime Rate (per 1,000 people)
Avg. price for 3-bed property (£)
1. Plymouth: The residents of Plymouth are most likely to say they get along well with their neighbours, and the city also has the most community events of all UK cities.
2. Belfast: Belfast comes in second place, with 69% stating they get along well with their neighbours. They’re also one of the top two cities that say everyone in the local area knows each other, alongside Plymouth.
3. Cardiff: Cardiff ranks third for friendly neighbours, with 67.5% saying they have a good relationship with them. Of all UK cities, they’re also the most likely to socialise with their neighbours.
4. Edinburgh: Putting the Scottish capital in fourth position, 66.7% of Edinburgh residents get along well with their neighbours. 50% also say that people look out for each other in the local community.
5. Liverpool: Liverpool ranks fifth for friendly neighbours with 65.1% saying they have a good relationship. 3 in 5 (55.8%) also use social media to connect with their community.
The safest areas in the UK
The cities with the lowest crime rate
Crime Rate (per 1,000 people)
1. York: With just 60.6 crimes per 1,000 people, this makes York the safest city in terms of crime. It’s also a great choice if you’re looking for fresh air, thanks to its abundance of green spaces and low pollution levels.
2. Poole: The second safest city in the UK with 70.69 crimes per 1,000 people is Poole, which also has the largest natural harbour in the whole of Europe.
3. Swindon : Coming in third, Swindon has 73.04 crimes per 1,000 people. If you’re an art fan, the Swindon Museum & Art Gallery is home to one of the best collections of 20th century British art outside of London.
4. Coventry: Ranking as fourth safest with 74.04 crimes per 1,000 people, Coventry also has one of the shortest average commute times in the UK, at 44 minutes daily.
5. Swansea: Swansea has a crime rate of 77.75 per 1,000 people. Known for being lively and fun, there’s plenty to do in and around the city.
Get the best stories about the things you love most curated by us and delivered to your inbox every day. Choose what you love here
Credit: Source link